Monday, September 29, 2025

Saying goodbye to a sweet boy

I felt for a few days that he wasn't being himself - something was off. Then he wasn't eating as much. A visit to the vet brought the devastating news of a mass in his abdomen; surgery not an option at his age (I wouldn't have it done anyway - wouldn't do that to him). After the IV tube was set, the vet brought him back to me, wrapped in a fluffy towel, gave me a buzzer and told me I could have as much time as I wished, and to just press the buzzer when I was ready. When I pressed she came back and let me hold him as he slipped away. I was told to just go out to the car, not worry about the bill, they would send it later. Outside they brought him to me in a beautiful box, and handed me two plaster pawprints in a plate, with his name engraved. 

The photos below are from July 29, 2016 - the day I took the carrier outside to see if he would let me pick him up - he did, and virtually jumped into the carrier (I have one of those that zip on top) - almost like saying, "She finally got the message!" I went straight to the vet to make sure he was okay to come inside (no disease that would infect Aimie). Back home, I set the carrier down and opened the front. 

What is this place?

"Do I want to go back in there?"

"Nah... I'll have her trained in no time!"

And so he did...

2 comments: