Can't say that I was particularly excited about another Shakespeare play - he remains my final English language challenge, with that "old English" spelling! The only way I can grasp it is to read the words out loud when I read one of his works - which I only do when it comes up in our reading list. But this time I found the full play on YouTube acted out - with subtitles! So I had a combined hearing-and-spelling deal, which made it a lot easier.
Kristi was our hostess this time; I loved the names she gave to the teas - very appropriate for a "classic literature" discussion group.
After we enjoyed the teas and treats and before we started discussing the book, some of the members acted out part of the play - with costumes! Here they are preparing for it.
Kristi's daughter (in the blue cape) joined the fun.
I wish I had audio with this - each lady voiced her character with proper British pronounciation and emphasis.
Great job, ladies!
This group has been meeting faithfully for 25 years! We lost a few members but gained many as well, and we're preparing to vote for the book list for the next couple of years (we meet on the first Saturday of every other month).







No comments:
Post a Comment